![]() |
| Installing our first project at "Colegio Marista Marcelino Champagnat" (La Pintana, R.M., Chile) |
First Project
This week we went to install our first project as entrepreneurs in a school. It was different to do it this time because I had full responsibility for the results. The days before I started to get anxious. But fortunately, I have a partner to share my thoughts and concerns with.
Many things went wrong, but we found solutions for them. But after all that went wrong, I felt relief. I learned many things, had the opportunity to solve unexpected problems, and got to test my character. We felt happy afterward and with more energy to make this look the best possible.
![]() |
| Space before intervention |
![]() |
| Process of installation and current state |
About professional relationships
One great book many recommended to read is "7 habits of highly efficient people". I've recently had the chance to read about its principles again. One of the ideas that stuck with me is having an "Emotional Bank Account." To work well with others, we must invest in our relationships making "deposits into this account by courtesy, kindness, honesty, openness and keeping commitments." I completely agree with this concept.
As a student in my first career, the words of one professor helped me to see these things as a virtue and not something to be ashamed of. He said that the qualities he saw in me were what made me a valuable professional and I shouldn't change them. In our culture, many prefer opposite attributes and see these as weaknesses. But time has given me the perspective I didn't have before.
I also prefer to work with people with those qualities, and I have received great rewards for staying true to myself. One of them is being referred to most of my jobs, including this recent project.



Comments
Post a Comment