![]() |
| Photo by Clay Banks on Unsplash |
A few weeks ago I read that to learn something new we need to unlearn what we already learned.
This week I saw a video called "the five whys" where Eric Ries talks about how asking "why" five times could help to understand the causes of a problem and establish solutions at each level. This is a technique I often recommend using in design. But after considering it, I saw that I was viewing these things as a designer, not as a business student. It is not necessarily a bad thing but it made me aware of my possible lack of openness to new perspectives.
As a high schooler, I always believed that we should not limit ourselves to a certain field. Like Leonardo da Vinci, we could explore different areas of knowledge and experience. And what we learn could potentially add to another new topic. The design discipline has given me a creative mindset and a human-centered perspective to approach problems but it is not the only prism through which we can see life. I still believe we are more like a notebook with many pages used and many blank to continue recording experiences. But I am figuring out how to converse both my past experiences and new ones.
Overcoming challenges
I have talked and read comments of many classmates struggling to find a job. Just today I found out one of the projects we submitted was not accepted. It can be easy to get depressed and feel like quitting. So the speeches and videos I had to read were perfect, the topic was overcoming challenges. I especially liked the ever meaningful words of Elder Holland:
"Don't you quit! You keep walking. You keep Trying. There is help and happiness ahead. Some blessings come soon. Some come late, and some don't come till Heaven. But for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come. It will be alright in the end. Trust God, and believe in good things to come."
Finally, I leave this song. I heard it at the beginning of the semester, is called "Keep Moving" by Jungle. I like its lyrics and is a good jam I listen to from time to time.

Comments
Post a Comment